ASHRAE TORONTO CHAPTER
Notice of Meeting - Technical Tour Only
Date: Monday April 12th, 2010
Venue: Sanofi Pasteur Limited - Toronto Campus
B95 - New R&D Facility
(Meet initially in B83 - Cafeteria Dining Room)
Click Here for a Map
1755 Steeles Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario, M2R 3T4
Tour: 4:00 PM
45 People Max Registration
Theme: Research Promotion Night
We ask that you pre-register for the technical tour and dinner (separate registration) at your earliest convenience online at www.torontoashrae.com then select “Meetings and Events” from the left tab and the “Register” button for the April Meeting Technical Tour. You may also still register through the ASHRAE chapter office (Sabrina Tai - 905 602 4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
As there will also be a dinner meeting, following the technical tour, with a complete design overview of the B95 R&D Facility, we ask that all individuals attending the tour also register for for the dinner.
In 2008, Sanofi Pasteur invested $100M in the construction of a state-of-the-art research facility, coded Building 95, at the company’s historic Connaught Campus in Toronto, Ontario. The investment included the construction of an $80M facility, the purchase of specialized research & development (R&D) equipment, and the support of high-value R&D jobs over the next five years. For this project, sanofi pasteur partnered with the Government of Ontario, which contributed over $13M through the Biopharmaceutical Investment Program (BIP) - administered by the Ministry of Research and Innovation and part of the government's Next Generation of Jobs Fund. Research conducted at the new facility will help support the company’s global research and development efforts to improve existing vaccines and create new vaccines. Research targets will include pediatric combination vaccines, pneumococcal protein vaccines, and cancer vaccines. The new facility is part of an ongoing commitment to research and development in the area of immunology. Construction of the 165,000 square-foot (15,000 square-meter) facility began in 2008 and is projected for occupancy in March 2010.
Please register to participate in a complete mechanical systems technical tour of the B95 facility to be held at Sanofi Pasteur’s Toronto campus. Three tour guides – Ernie Dyball, Derek Saunders and Darryl Downing – possess vast knowledge and experience on this project and have been selected to facilitate this technical tour. Ernie Dyball, Commissioning Project Manager from e-Infinity Project Systems Inc., was responsible for leading the B95 equipment and system commissioning team. Derek Saunders and Darryl Downing, Mechanical and Quality Assurance Project Managers from George A. Kelson Company, were responsible for managing the timely installation and start-up operation of all major mechanical systems in B95. They will be guiding ASHRAE Toronto Chapter members and guests through B95’s mechanical spaces on Monday April 12th, 2010 between 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM. Technical tour registration is on a first come - first serve basis as there are only 45 spaces available. Please register today to secure a spot. Don’t forget to register for the dinner meeting as well!
Special Notices for the Event:
1) Parking Requirements: All technical tour and dinner event attendees may park in either the visitor parking lot or the designated employee parking spaces as outlined within the parking map below.
2) Sign-in Requirements: All technical tour and dinner event attendees must sign into the Building 4 Security Guardhouse upon entering the site (NW corner of site as outlined within the map below). Security will have pre-assigned visitor badges available for all event attendees. Technical tour attendees should be on-site no later than 4:00 PM.
Attention: All interested members and guests MUST pre-register online to attend this event (by April 11th, 2010). Absolutely NO walk-in visitors will be allowed to access the site, technical tour and dinner meeting.
3) Photos and Videos are Strictly Prohibited: No cameras, photos and video cameras are allowed on-site – both at the dinner meeting and throughout the technical tour. If any devices are found, they will be immediately confiscated by Security.
4) Unescorted Traveling On-site is Strictly Prohibited: Event attendees cannot travel unescorted throughout the many buildings and pathways across the site. There will be additional Security, volunteers and visible signage available to escort and guide attendees to all required locations. Individuals found wandering throughout the site will be asked to leave. Upon signing in at the Building 4 Security Guardhouse, event attendees will be guided to Building 83’s Cafeteria Dining Room, where attendees will congregate prior to both the technical tour and the dinner meeting event.
5) Health and Safety Considerations (PPE): All technical tour attendees must bring approved safety shoes to participate in the tour. Safety hard hats, safety glasses and ear protection will be provided by Sanofi Pasteur’s Health and Safety Department.